IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR
You’re counting down the days to when the holiday break starts and your team notices there are unused or incremental funds to be spent in one of your marketing channels.
Here’s a few ways to spend those unused dollars effectively.
Yeah, yeah, yeah…the MQL is dead. That’s what everyone is saying. However, content syndication can be a sureshot way to amplify your content in front of new audiences with these unused funds and generate the quality of lead your team is looking for. When considering content syndication as a vehicle for your unused funds think about:
- Segmenting the right audience. Based on how you’ve targeted the past 11.5 months, are you going to hit the same audiences or will they be new accounts?
- Converted personas. Which personas are converting higher compared to others and how can you reach more of them with alternative pieces of content?
- Content. End of year tends to be a time where businesses think ahead. 3rd party validating assets can be a great way to identify interest levels by those who engage
- Speed. Which vendors can move the quickest and help get in front of the right personas at either targeted or net-new accounts before the EOY? Look for those vendors who own their data supply chain who can move quick
ANYTHING INTENT BASED
Intent is all the rage right now and it’s becoming so readily available that you can gain access to some kind of intent data from almost any marketing technology vendor. When considering content syndication, also think about using intent data to:
- Provide validation to your ideal customer profiles. Intent should be used as a campaign input, not an output. Comb through surging data to validate your views on your ICPs and then use that intent data via content syndication
- Look at your wins over the past few quarters and do some match rates with the types of business currently surging for XYZ topic using intent data. Do your current clients match what the surging data says? If so, double down on targeting those new accounts this month to gain traction going into 2021. If not, perhaps these accounts could be a greenfield area for your business
- Finally, as much as we’d like to imagine businesses only care about your category or product area, they don’t. Use the intent data and look at other products or keywords that a business may be searching for. If your solution is often purchased along side another tool or product, find the business surging for those keywords and target them to get in the door before the end of year